REGISTRATION BEGINS MONDAY, JUNE 12
Open to children aged 3-12
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS……
- At the time he or she comes in to register, each child receives a special reading chart and a packet of program information. Reading team assignments are determined by luck of the draw. Please bring in the registration card your child received at school if possible, and have your Bedford Library Card with you.
- Children record the titles of the books they read in their logs.
- Youngsters are invited to come in with their reading records (no more than once a week) to receive small incentive prizes, as well as gift certificates from local merchants, such as free kid meals or bowling passes.
- The Foreman’s Office (reporting station) will be open weekdays from 9:30 – 5:30 (Fridays 9:00-5:00). If kids come in outside those hours, they may still report, but in an abbreviated format. Important: Children must come in person…parents may not “report” for their kids.
- Any child who turns in a copy of his reading chart at the library by September 1st is eligible to receive a cool Summer Reading Program Certificate, plus their choice of a free book! All reading charts will be returned to participants.
MAKE & TAKE CRAFT CENTER……
Kids will want to be sure to visit the Tool Box, where a different craft project will be featured each week. Junior Librarians will be on hand to assist as needed. The craft center will be open weekdays from 9:30- 5:30. We close at 5:00pm on Fridays.
We will also be offering a super selection of special programs at the library throughout the summer. Many of these involve highly professional children’s performers; others draw on the time and talents of our very creative Children’s Staff. Schedules and pertinent information will be found in the children’s packets. These programs require 0n-Line Registration in advance…seating is often limited.
All Bedford families and library card holders are eligible and encouraged to join us this summer.