The Library still offers contact-free pickup of library materials. This service is available during the Library's open hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
You may pick up materials on the upper or lower level.
How it works
- Watch this video to find out how contact-free pickup works. If you would like to pickup items on the lower level, watch this video to learn how to choose your pickup location.
- Place a request by using the online catalog or by calling 472-2300.
- When you place your requests in the online catalog, choose your Pickup Library: Bedford Public Library (upper level) OR Bedford Children's Room (lower level). All materials may be picked up at either location.
- We will notify you when your item(s) is ready for pickup.
- When you arrive at the library and have parked in a parking spot, call 472-2300 for the upper level OR 792-1389 for the lower level. We will then check the item(s) out to you and place your item(s) on the table outside the main entrance. After the staff person has returned to the building, come to the table to pick up your items.
- Read, enjoy, and return in the outdoor bookdrop. Please note that items are checked in after a 72 hour quarantine.
Please recognize that we may not be able to fill all requests on the same day due to high demand. We’re happy to help you select something to read. Please visit our website, call 472-2300, or email email@example.com for suggestions. If you would like to learn how to use the online catalog to place requests, please watch this video.
If you are unable to your home, but would like to request library materials, please call 472-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about Library-by-Mail options.