The library is open during the following hours
- Monday-Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 8:30 PM
- Thursday - Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Sunday: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Browsing, computer appointments, and seating and study tables are available.
Face coverings are strongly encouraged regardless of vaccination status for everyone over the age of 2.
Contactless pickup is still available during open hours. Click here for more reopening information.
Try BookMatch and MovieMatch!
The Library has tens of thousands of books and thousands of DVDs and it can sometimes be tricky to decide which ones to take home. We’re here to help. Call the Reference Desk at 472-2300 to request your Match. Or, click here to request your Book Match and click here to request your Movie Match. We’ll just ask you a few questions about your preferences, then select a few titles just for you, based on your answers.
If you're looking for specially selected books for children, try the Book Bundle service too!
The Library still offers contact-free pickup of library materials. This service is available during the Library's open hours:
- Monday - Thursday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM to 7:30 PM
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
You may pick up materials on the upper or lower level.
How it works
- Watch this video to find out how contact-free pickup works. If you would like to pickup items on the lower level, watch this video to learn how to choose your pickup location.
- Place a request by using the online catalog or by calling 472-2300.
- When you place your requests in the online catalog, choose your Pickup Library: Bedford Public Library (upper level) OR Bedford Children's Room (lower level). All materials may be picked up at either location.
- We will notify you when your item(s) is ready for pickup.
- When you arrive at the library and have parked in a parking spot, call 472-2300 for the upper level OR 792-1389 for the lower level. We will then check the item(s) out to you and place your item(s) on the table outside the main entrance. After the staff person has returned to the building, come to the table to pick up your items.
- Read, enjoy, and return in the outdoor bookdrop. Please note that items are checked in after a 72 hour quarantine.
Please recognize that we may not be able to fill all requests on the same day due to high demand. We’re happy to help you select something to read. Please visit our website, call 472-2300, or email email@example.com for suggestions. If you would like to learn how to use the online catalog to place requests, please watch this video.
If you are unable to your home, but would like to request library materials, please call 472-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about Library-by-Mail options.
All you need is your library card number and password. If you are a Bedford resident and do not have a library card, watch this video to learn how to sign up for a library card online. If you have a library card, but do not know your password, use the Forgot your Password? option on the My Account page. You may also call 472-2300 to reset your password.
Once your library card is all set, you may use it to login to numerous resources through the library website. Watch this video to learn how to access databases. Thank you to BCTV for producing this video.
Several of the eLearning services require you to also set up a user name and password for the service.
The eLibrary provides ebooks and eaudiobooks, resources for students, and online learning opportunities for all ages.
Learn Something New
Visit the eLearning page to get started with the Great Courses Library Collection, Transparent Language’s immersive language learning, and Creativebug’s crafting classes.
Resources for Students
The library's databases can help you with your school projects. Visit the Databases A-Z page for a list by topic.
Download an ebook or eaudiobook
More information is available on the eBooks and eAudiobooks page.
Even more books (including picture book read alongs) are available through hoopla digital.
Keep up with the news
Read the daily Union Leader
Login with your library barcode and password. Try the daily image edition!
Read the weekly Bedford Bulletin
Login with your library barcode and password.
Borrow a digital magazine from Overdrive
Login to Overdrive with your library card and borrow magazines like Us Weekly, Newsweek, Outside, Country Living and more.
Even more newspapers and magazines are available from the library databases.
Watch a movie
Set up a hoopla acount with your library card. Movies circulate for 72 hours. You may borrow up to 6 titles each month.
How do I get library updates?
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and sign up for the library's weekly e-newsletter.
Facebook: Bedford (NH) Public Library