The Library is open:
Monday – Thursday from 9:00 AM to 7:30 PM
Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- You may browse, read the newspapers, check out materials, and pick up holds.
- Limited seating and study tables are available.
- Computer appointments are also available.
- Staff will provide information, assistance, and recommendations
- The copier and fax machine are also available.
- You may sign up for a library card in person or online.
- All of the library’s online resources are available 24/7.
Several tables are available for quiet study. Up 2 to people permitted per table to ensure social distancing. The Quiet Study Room is available for use by Bedford Public Library cardholders. Click here for more information.
Meeting rooms are not yet available.
To keep everyone safe, the toys are not available right now.
Yes! Contactless pickup is still available. You may pick up on the upper or lower level. Contactless pickup is available during open hours.
Yes! Please return items in the outdoor bookdrops.Overdue fines will not accrue.
Yes, by appointment. Call 472-2300 to make an appointment. Use is limited to one 1-hour session per person per day and twice a week per person. There is also a 15 minute express computer that is first come, first served.
Yes! Because we have limited storage space, please limit your donations to one bag or box at a time.
- Face coverings are encouraged.
- The new shelves and Children’s Room shelving have been rearranged to allow for social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Plexiglass barriers at the service desks.
All Library events will be held online or outside. Visit the Library Calendar for an up-to-date listing.
Yes. They are limited to one person or family at a time.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and sign up for the library e-newsletter. Normally, we only send a newsletter once a month, but during the current situation we are sending emails once a week.
Facebook: Bedford (NH) Public Library
The Library’s reopening is guided by our Phased Reopening Plan and Pandemic Policy, which have been approved by the Library’s Board of Trustees. We will move on to the next phase in the plan when it is safe to do so. If you would like more information, please contact Miriam Johnson, library director, at email@example.com.