The Bedford Public Library Foundation was founded in 1993 to support the Bedford Public Library. It is a non-profit organization created by a group of Bedford citizens as a way to raise money from within our community to support non-budget items for the Library. This extra funding enriches our Library and enables it to continue to be a vital, vibrant, up-to-date community center for all ages.
The Bedford Library Foundation was instrumental in raising the funds to move forward with building a new library. Our current, beautiful library building was completed in June of 1996.
Each year, The Foundation sponsors a festive wine and cheese Gala in the fall featuring a New England author. In the spring, we conduct a town-wide Annual Fund appeal.
Through generous contributions from residents like you, in the past year alone we have been able to enhance our Library with the purchase of the following special items:
- Audio Visual upgrades to McAllaster Room: new LCD projector and lighting controls
- Printing Library Reference brochure
- Playaway audiobooks in mp3 format
- e-Book collection
- DVD’s to supplement the collection
- Additional shelving for the Young Adult area
- Museum passes to 13 museums in New Hampshire and the Boston area
The Library Foundation, through it’s fundraising, sponsors:
- The Friends of the Library Sunday Concert Series
- The Children’s Summer Reading Program
Officers and Directors:
Katy Cutshall, Chair
Sue Dell, Vice-Chair
Nancy Glennan, Secretary
Jerry Hanauer, Treasurer
Pamela Van Arsdale, Trustee, Chair
Miriam Johnson, Library Director